THE FIRSTRAND TRANS AFRICA ADVENTURE 2018
Do you want to do something significant ?- Do you ?
Do you want to stand in the gap for someone who needs your help more than you will ever know ?- Do you ?
Do you want to ride a bike from the beautiful town of Knysna over the incredible Prince Albert pass into the Little Karoo , skirting the Swartberg and then climb over the black mountain range via one of the most beautiful tar road passes in South Africa and onward into the Great Karoo ? – Do you ?
Do you want to climb one of Thomas Baines great passes deep into the Swartberg and into Hell and back again? Do you ?
Do you want to traverse the Great Karoo through kilometres of empty semi desert.
Do you want to conquer the highest road pass in Southern Africa, climb to the borders of the Mountain Kingdom ?- Do you ?
Do you want to traverse the famous Umzinkulu and the Umkomaas valley in the same day and then up and out the other side ?- Do you ?
Do want to receive an African Village welcome as genuine as the children’s smiles who live there ? –Do you?
Leaving Durban Sunday 6th May 2018 , arriving back at Ingane Yami Children’s village on Saturday the 19th May 2018
Done it before ? – so what’s different ?
• Well it is yet another whole new route , a whole new adventure. a day’s hard drive, 1 prologue, 11 stages and 1 transition rest day through the most spectacular and diverse terrain that this Country has to offer.
• 1200 kilometres and more than 15000 metres of climbing, with a big 175km stage with a fast 50km downhill finish.
• After two events with the same last day- this time a new and sneaky way home through African Townships. A 5 star hotel thrown in , the town of Knysna, a National Park and some laid back country lodges.
• A new direction – a big horseshoe instead of a cross country traverse,
• The best of before – 3 previous overnight stops and some parts of the best of previous stages,
• First Rand Group are again onboard with us, they just loved what the riders and the team did last time. – a Company who are passionate about the type of work we do at Ingane Yami and will be partnering with us as major brand sponsor for the event.
Our theme for 2016 and again for 2018 is framed around the words of the great Nelson Mandela
“…Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world…”
Our aim- to build an Education fund for the present and future needs of the children of Ingane Yami Childrens Village. After costs we raised over R 700,000 last time out – can we have the faith to call for R 1 million this time ???
We are limiting the Adventure to 20 riders and 5 support crew in 5 vehicles. It is an all or nothing adventure, no half measurers.
The entry per rider is R 12,500 . This will cover all meals and accommodation over the entire trip, plus transport and drinks during the ride. Items excluded are own drinks at the overnight accommodation and own specialised riding drinks and bike spares & repairs.
An entry fee deposit of R 2,500 is required to secure your place, with the balance due by 31 October 2017, at which time entries will close. If we are oversubscribed then preference will first be given to previous entrants and then on a first come first served basis. So get your entry in early.
The commitment you as a rider make by entering is to raise a minimum of R20,000 from donors. We will provide you with material and support to help you raise these funds.
Remember that all donor funds (excluding your entry ) qualify for a Section 18a tax certificate, thus allowing donor funds to be offset against taxable income at the donors marginal tax rate.
Enter now by downloading the entry form from this website.
The FirstRand Trans Africa Team